This salad is a surprising combination of warm, cool, sweet, sour and spicy. Quick sautéed spicy chorizo tossed with cucumbers that have been left resting in a sweet and sour marinate. A perfect blend of flavors sure to please!
- ¼ c. sugar
- ¼ c. white vinegar
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 local organic cucumber – peeled, seeded, cut into ½” chunks
- 1/2 container grape or cherry tomatoes – cut in half
- 3 oz. local Lady Edison Spanish-style chorizo – cut into ½” thick slices and then cut each slice in half
- parsley, if desired for color
1) In a small pot combine sugar, vinegar, and salt. Cook over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
2) Place cucumber cubes in a bowl and pour warm vinegar mixture over them. Press down until cucumbers are submerged. Cover and place in refrigerator several hours or overnight. Toss occasionally to make sure all cucumbers come in contact with marinade.
3) When cucumbers are fully marinated, drain any excess liquid, add tomatoes to bowl, and toss to combine. Place in fridge to keep cold.
4) In a sauté pan over medium heat, add chorizo pieces and sauté until warmed and slightly browned.
5) Toss warmed chorizo into bowl with cucumbers and tomatoes. Toss with parsley, if desired. Serve immediately.