- 2 bunches beets, tops removed (and saved for another use) and scrubbed well
- ½ c. balsamic vinegar
- ½ c. olive oil plus 2 Tbsp for roasting
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- 4 oz arugula
- 1/3 c. toasted almond slivers
- 4 oz soft goat cheese
1) Cut beets in half or quarters, depending on size, and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt. Roast at 400 degrees for up to 1 hour or until beets are tender and starting to caramelize.
2) Meanwhile, combine the ½ cup olive oil, vinegar, mustard, and honey in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3) Toss beets with vinaigrette and serve atop bed of arugula, garnished with goat cheese and toasted almonds.