- 1 loaf of WSM yeasted cornbread
- 1 loaf crusty WSM bread
- 1 stick butter
- 1 whole medium onion, diced
- 2 c. celery, chopped
- 2 c. low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- 2-3 tsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/4 c. fresh parsley, chopped
- salt, to taste
1) Chop the cornbread and crusty bread into one-inch cubes. Spread them on two baking sheets and let them dry for 24 hours.
2) Warm a large skillet over medium heat and add the butter. When it’s melted, add the onion and celery and cook for a few minutes, until onions are almost translucent. While it’s cooking, chop the fresh herbs.
3) Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add herbs and stir until combined.
4) Place dried bread cubes intoa large bowl. Gradually ladle the broth mixture onto the bread, tossing lightly as you do. Taste and add more herbs if needed. Add salt to taste. (If the mixture is not moist enough, add more chicken broth and stir.)
5) Either stuff the turkey with the stuffing and bake according to the turkey directions, or place the stuffing in a baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown on top.