- 2.5 lbs. Boneless/skinless Chicken Thighs
- ¼ C Olive Oil
- 2.5 lbs. Yellow Onion Sliced Thin
- 2 teas. Dried Oregano
- 1 teas. Black Pepper
- 3 teas Fine Sea Salt
- 3 T Garlic Minced
- 4 T Canned Chipotle in adobo sauce(minced)
- 2/3 C Ketchup
- 2 C Cooking liquid from the chicken
- 28oz Can Diced Tomatoes
1. In a 4qt pot, add chicken thighs and cover with water(1-2″ above meat).
2. Bring to a boil and simmer low until the chicken is tender.
3. Drain liquid BUT RESERVE for the main recipe.
4. Cool chicken slightly and shred with a potato masher or hand shred..>Reserve
5. Using the same pot, cook onions & oil together covered on med heat.
6. Onions should be very soft with a golden color.
7. Add garlic and seasoning. Cook for 2 minutes.
8. Add all remaining ingredients, including shredded chicken.
9. Bring to a simmer and turn low for 10 minutes